Tie heavyweight streamers with realistic, flat and broad profiles; the perfect imitation for common bottom-dwelling fish species such as sculpins, gobies and baby catfish. Designed for use on both hook and tube streamers, the Sculpin Helmet has a weighted keel to keep your streamer swimming hook-up and avoid snagging.
Quantity per pack: 8
- Mini size weighs 0.55 grams (0.02 ounces). Rod/line weight size of #4 and higher
- Small size weighs 1.38 grams ( 0.05 ounces). Rod/line weight size #5/6 and higher
- Large size weighs 2.98 grams ( 0.10 ounces). Rod/line weight size #7/8 and higher
- Mini Fits hook sizes #10, #8, #6, #4, #2. -Small Fits hook sizes #6, #4, #2, #1
- Large Fits hook sizes #2, #1, 1/0, 2/0
Note: The Mini is designed with a specially enlarged front slot to fit a wider range of hook sizes. This increased flexibility in hook sizes allows the Mini to be used in a wide variety of freshwater and saltwater streamer patterns.
- Flat and broad profile that imitates common bottom-dwelling fish species such as sculpins, gobies and baby catfish.
- Front-fitting design Simply tie in all materials first, then fit the Sculpin Helmet from the front. Quick and easy to use.
- Front slot Allows for use on both hook and tube flies.
- Fish-Skull Living Eyes; Included in a corresponding size and color, these ultra-realistic eyes act as an important trigger for predatory game fish.
Distributes most of the helmets weight to the bottom of the streamer, ensuring it will swim in the correct position. This also allows you to tie with the hook facing either down or up. We have deliberately made the Sculpin Helmet significantly heavier than the Baitfish Head so that it will sink quickly in fast moving rivers and fish deeper near the bottom where sculpins typically live.
Available in brown, black and olive. The matte (non-shiny) finish is perfect for the type of shy, bottom-dwelling species you are trying to imitate. The special oxide coating gives an uneven, almost blotchy, effect that has differing shades of color. For example, the brown color Sculpin Helmet is mostly a dark brown color, but will also reflect shades of black and tan at different angles giving a type of camouflage effect.